Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Corsica Chair by Ian Spencer and Cairn Young

British designers Ian Spencer and Cairn Young have created the Corsica chair.



One my “must google” items, that I draw a blank on describing in five or less words, is the look of this Corsica Chair by UK designers Ian Spencer and Cairn Young. When I was living in Costa Rica, the pattern of warm woods in a geometric patchwork was commonly seen in little shops consisting of cutting boards and salad bowls.





 Although the history of this look is still a question mark in my mind that hasn’t been dug up for years, I’ve always loved the look. The color palette in its random placement draws you in just like a great pair of Desigual pants from Spain, but more than that, I find that its shape tests us to re-examine the symmetry we seek in furniture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...